4/06/2006

Circles
Ok I know this might start to sound like the over-the-top-corny Elton John song "Circle of Life" from the Lion King but lately I have noticed it to be so true. It all started when L started as my boss. L and I had worked together before, but never in this situation. I slightly knew L's hubby, FB from Xmas parties and fundraisers and all that shit. L and I became really close, then L, FB and I started hanging out at the pub after work. FB goes out of town, L decides that her, her daughter H and I should go to the pub. Ok, sure works for me. On several of these pub trips I have noticed R coming in particularily on the nights where FB comes late. This prompts FB and L to do some matchmaking. Matchmaking complete R becomes known as BF. So for my bday, EZ (another friend of mine) plans a bash at the pub. I randomly tell just about everyone I know to come down including BF, L, FB and H and H's BF. H brings a buddy (E). E and my buddy Y hook up. Ok now there is just one big ass circle with L and FB right smack in the middle. To top it of I start having probs with BF who happens to be really good friends with FB. So i tell L about it, feeling horrible. Next thing I know, H is calling E and bitching, Y is attacking me and EZ and I are stuck somewhere in the thick of it all. I really think that no one should ever mix friends. I mean I thought this before but now I am seriously convinced of it. This past week has been hell. To top it all of it was L's bday, H and I are trying to plan a surprise party for her and everyone has to get along. OMG I can't even keep track anymore. Next week I am on holidays and plan on being MIA. Will keep everyone posted about how L's party turns out though.

No comments: