5/12/2006

Dating: New Thrilling and Sweet vs Comfortable
Recently a friend was bitching to me how her bf (V) of nearly 3 years doesn't do any of the sweet little things any more. Which prompted me to raise the question of when do bfs stop with the sweetness and reach the comfort zone. In my opinion they should never completely stop doing sweet things. This is one of the few points that S and I will actually agree on. Which brings me to another point, bf never does those sweet things. It is as if he has skipped over the whole first part of dating and slid right into comfort. I still need the begining sweetness. He picks me up (hey ma I finally got a guy with a car of his own), and occasionally brings me flowers (as a side track that he picked up at the gas station down the street), but I have planned every date, whenever I ask what he wants to do or tell him to make the plans he says he doesn't know. So tonight I told him that he has all day tomorrow to figure out what to do and to pick me up at 7:30. It should be interesting.
On another note, his family has a cabin up north. Since the long weekend is coming up (all are avid fishers), he invited me up with his whole family. I haven't met any of them yet aside from a dirty look from his dad one day. I do not fish, and I don't do middle of nowhere shit. See my discription (I am a city girl)... full emphasis on City Girl. Since LC continually makes fun of me for this and it has been mention many times with bf around you would think he would know this. So I tell him that I am sorry that I can't make it because I have work. True, I am working part of the weekend, and I also have a case brief for crim law due on the wed. But last night he says "That's too bad you can't come, you would just love it up there." Ah Hi, you're fucking kidding me right. Does he know me at all. One look at me says it all, and I don't even try to pretend to be interested. Maybe C is right and he is on drugs or perpetually drunk. Stick it!

No comments: