5/14/2006

Mother's Day Brunches
So as most of you know (and actually all of you should know) today is mother's day. The once yearly ritual of honouring mom with cards, flowers, chcocolate and other assorted gifts. I hate mother's day. Don't get me wrong, I love my mom, but mother's day is the most commercialized (other than Valentines Day and Christmas) excuse to increase prices on everything. I mean everything. It cost me $7.00 to buy a freaking card this year! $7.00. As the title implies we all got dressed up and went for brunch at a swanky country club.
So $35 a plate later 10 of us including my grandmother right down to the 2 year old cousin are waiting *patiently* at 2:00 in the crowd of people in the lobby. What the fuck is the point to a reservation if we don't get taken in until 45 minutes past the reservation. The way I do things I would have been leaving by that point if we had been seated at the time of our reservation. Ok that is what I said while in the lobby waiting to be seated. Once were seated I changed that pretty quick. I was the first to start eating and the last to finish. 3 full full plates later I was stuffed.... it seemed so worth it. Now sitting here four hours later, I'm thinking not so much and that I am paying for it. Fuck that, it was freakin' awesome. There are those who eat to live and those who live to eat. I live to eat.

No comments: