5/28/2006

Mentors
This post is based on a Starbucks card (kind of), well more like inspired by a Starbucks card. As a coffee addict I am at Starbucks on a daily basis. The Way I See It on their cups rarely change, so like the true dork and addict that I am I get excited when I see a new one. Today's cup is about how teachers become mentors for people. Ok, understandable. I have had those mentors too. I also firmly believe that everyone has one of these mentors within their job. I have one as well. Mentor used to work close to me and is now my boss.
So because we used to work together and still do, we have also become really good friends. Like I was supposed to house sit for her when she goes away, we go to the pub, I can crash at her house if I need to, etc. Even to the point where she is giving me next weekend on so that I can go away with her and her hubby. We work well together and have a blast. Enter another beast this one known as Jealousy. Now there is jealousy on both sides of the equation. My Mom and one of my sisters are jealous. I think that my sister has issues whenever any one of us (being the four sisters) gets close to an older person that has nothing to do with her. It's weird. My Mom, I think has the same problem that her daughter has. The two of them have issues. They both seem to think that it is like they are being replaced. Her daughter is 19 and irresponsible and unreliable. Hence why her and her hubby asked me to stay with the cat. But no, daughter through a jealous fit and 'expressed interest' in staying with the cat as soon as she found out that I was supposed to do it. Her and hubby were slightly uncomfortable with explaining this to me, but were honest about the whole thing. So basically I am supposed to be the back up. If daughter bails last minute I take it. I agreed simply because I don't want to deal with the incredible rath of daughter (been on that receiving end one time... Urgh never again). Between that and all the shit that happened between my bro and family this weekend, I hate people and just want to disappear for a couple weeks.

No comments: